The overlay manager manages all types of overlays such as points of interests (POIs) and bookmarks.
Top toolbar menu
The top toolbar menu offers the following options:
- Cluster waypoints: If enabled then waypoints are clustered leading to a less crowded map.
- Max. number waypoints: The maximum number of waypoints shown on the map for each overlay. A high value can have a significant negative impact on performance.
- Enable audio waypoint alerts: If checked then a sound is played when heading towards a waypoint with an attached alert.
- Enable visual waypoint alerts: If checked then a red warning banner is displayed when heading towards a waypoint with an attached alert.
- Default alert distance: The distance when an alert is played when heading toward a waypoint.
- Check for updates: Check if there are updates available for overlays. This function works only for overlays with associated download urls.
- Unload all: Unloads all overlays from the map view.
- Help: This page.
Overlay entry popup menu
The overlay entry popup menu offers the following options (the available options depend on the overlay type):
- Load: Loads the overlay into the map view.
- Unload: Removes the overlay from the map view.
- Zoom to: Zooms the map view so that the bounding box of the overlay is completely visible.
- Properties: Shows overlay dependent overlay properties. For instance:
- Name: The overlay name.
- Exclude from sync: If checked then the overlay is not synced during cloud sync (see Cloud backup).
- Min./Max. zoom: The zoom level range where the overlay is visible.
- Bounding box: The bounding box covering all points in the overlay.
- Delete: Deletes the overlay and the underlying file if the following conditions are met:
- The overlay file is located in the Cartograph “Offline overlays” directory and
- The overlay file is not used by another overlay.
- Move to folder: Moves the overlay to another folder.
- Clone: Create a copy of the overlay.
- Redownload/Update: Re-downloads the overlay file from the webserver. This option is only available if the overlay is associated with a download url.
- Circular distance: Creates circular distance measurement circles around all currently visible overlay points.
- Calculate bounding box: Re-calculates the overlay’s bounding box.
- Import file: Imports a file with waypoints into the selected bookmark overlay.
- Export: Exports the selected bookmark overlay into a (GPX/KML) file.
Overlay folder popup menu
The overlay folder popup menu offers the following options:
- Delete: Deletes the folder and old overlays in the folder.
- Rename: Renames the folder.
- Move to folder: Moves the folder to another folder.
- Load: Loads all overlays in the folder.
- Unload: Unloads all overlays in the folder.