The map-styles manager manages map styles (“render themes”) for vector maps.
Top toolbar menu
The top toolbar menu provides the following options:
- Extract styles: If checked then zipped styles are extracted in the “Mapsforge styles” directory. This option is useful for developing custom render themes because you can directly edit the XML file.
- Check for updates: Checks if updates are available for the styles. This works only for styles with an associated download server.
- Info: This page.
Style entry popup menu
When clicking on a style entry the following popup menu entries are available:
- Set as default Mapsforge style: Sets the style as the default Mapsforge style.
- Set as default MBTiles (vector) style: Sets the style as the default MBTiles (MVT) vector style.
- Layers: Opens a dialog where you can select Mapsforge layers provided by the selected style (city, bicycle, hiking, etc.).
- Enable Mapsforge features: If the style is a Mapsforge style then this option should be enabled.
- Rename: Renames the style.
- Delete: Deletes the style.
- Move to folder: Moves the style to another folder.
- Clone: Creates a copy of the style entry.
- Redownload/update: Re-downloads the style. This option is only available when a download url is attached to the style.
Main view “+” button
The “+” button offers the following options:
- Add folder: Adds a new folder.
- Import style: Imports a style from a file.
- Download style: Shows a dialog with sites offering styles for download.